Monday, December 14, 2009

True Love


Spring. 

New love.

Heart strangely warmed at the sight, the sound, the touch.

Holding close. Stroking the body. Picking up good vibrations.

Hours travelling in the car. Learning to make music together. Even a stolen weekend getaway.

A pasttime with a plan.

But then.

A past love intrudes and holds me in its grip. A rekindled flame consumes my every thought, my every moment.

True love.

A passion with a purpose.


And she sits neglected. Slightly hoarse. Soundboard silent.

While the keyboard clicks.

Because I am a writer. Not a harper. At least not yet.

My sweet Stoney End, 29-string, double-strung, fully levered Lorraine.

Be patient, my darling.

I will return.

But I fear not with my whole heart.

What good thing have you had to give up or set aside in order to pursue a better thing or higher calling?

". . . rekindle afresh the gift of God that is in you . . ." 2 Timothy 1:6



Copyright © 2009 by Sandra Heska King

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails