Monday, March 15, 2010

I am Here--This is Now


Dennis and I got these T-shirts at our first Celebrate Your Marriage conference. I don't remember how Jay and Laura explained the original meaning, but my takeaway was this:

I am here. This is now.

Not the past. Not the future.

Now. The present.

Celebrate now.

Now.

Not fretting about yesterday's mistakes, failures, hurts, or disappointments.

Gone. Can't do anything about them now.

Not fretting about tomorrow's mistakes, failures, hurts, or disappointments.

Might never happen. Can't do anything about them now.

Not living with regret. Not living with fear.

Not dwelling in the past. Not living in the future.

Not consumed with "what ifs."

Present in the present. To His presence.

Now.

I am here. This is now.

And I will celebrate now.

Now.
Where are you right now?

"Therefore, do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34

"When my anxious thoughts multiply within me, Your consolations delight my soul." Psalm 94:19

Copyright © 2010 by Sandra Heska King

2 comments:

Elizabeth Mahlou said...

And similarly: "Where I go, there I am." Be satisfied with one's life and whereabouts of "now."

Sandra Heska King said...

Oh so true, Elizabeth. With "I am."

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts with Thumbnails