Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Self-Control: A Limerick

Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore, honor God with your body. 
1 Corinthians 6:18-20 (NIV)
 
There once was a writer from Michigan
Whose mirror revealed the shape she was in.
M&M's in a bowl
And with no self-control
She emptied it faster than any man.


The writer then realized her sin.
The temple the Spirit lived in
Had gone all to pot
And healthy was not
Good-by M&M's, hello thin.


Now the writer was bought at a price.
For honor she'll overcome this vice.
She'll pray ev'ry day
M&M's stay away
And chocolate will no longer entice.


Disclaimer: This limerick is a work of fiction. Any resemblance to an actual person, living or dead, including the author, is entirely coincidental.

NOTE: This post is part of the Blog Carnival on SELF-CONTROL. For more thoughts, visit One Word at a Time.

Copyright © 2010 by Sandra Heska King

13 comments:

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

lol

Anonymous said...

i've never written a limerick before.
you're pretty good at it!

S. Etole said...

well said ... both verbally and visually

Billy Coffey said...

No way am I casting the first stone with this one. I've never met an M&M I didn't like. Forget the streets in heaven being paved in gold. I think they're paved with THEM.

Glynn said...

My favorite M&M color is yes. If I have to choose between plain and peanut, I choose yes.

But my real weakness is vanilla wafers.

Louise Gallagher said...

Love the limerick and the photos.

Me. I always choose the peanuts. Never met a peanut I couldn't relate to on my tongue and in my tummy.

Cherie Hill said...

Loved this! I'm NEVER enticed by chocolate. ;) Okay, truthfully, it's my kryptonite! :)
Blessings,
Cherie

Cassandra Frear said...

This was a fun read!

Sandra Heska King said...

Thanks, everyone. So as soon as this bag is gone, I'm giving them up. Yes, I am. Maybe.

Anyone for a stalk of celery?

Anonymous said...

m&m's are a weakness of mine. They are so little and deceiving with their chocolaty deliciousness.

Great post... full of lessons and lots of fun!

Chantel said...

Oh this was such a delight to read- absolutely delightful *reachng for the half done bag of pillsbury chessmen*

Sandra Heska King said...

@Bridget: Did you know there are 210 calories in just 1/4 cup of those little babies? Ugh!

@Chantel: So I have to go look up what Pillsbury chessmen are. Sound dangerous, though. Glad you liked it. It was fun to write. :D

caryjo said...

What a scream!! I loved it. Good job, Friend.

Related Posts with Thumbnails