Saturday, August 1, 2009

Confessions of a Chocoholic

Do you behold God in chocolate? I do. Who else could have created something so heavenly?

Yesterday was a little heavy, so tonight I'm serving up something on the lighter side. I'm going to share something I wrote a couple years ago for Bridging Boundaries, the online publication for OA-AHDI, Online Association of the Association for Healthcare Documentation Integrity. You could gain some pounds on that mouthful!

Snady Chocoholic: I made your muffins. You lied. One was not enough. I ate 2. I wanted 3. So this morning I ate 3. I wanted 4. How many points is that?

Sharon Discipline: Two points each. Four of them would be less points (and FAT) than a big fat chocolate bar. Plus they have fiber. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Snady Chocoholic: That's good. Cuz I ate the 4th. And later the 5th. There is no hope for me. These were not supposed to be mini muffins, were they? Because if so, I'm sunk.

Sharon Discipline: No. I use a regular-sized muffin tin. Nice big muffins for 2 points. Of course, you are only supposed to eat 1 or 2 at a time.

Snady Chocoholic: Well, that's a relief. So I could eat 6 muffins for 12 points and still have about 12 points to spare? Actually, I could eat a whole dozen and a couple of carrot sticks and an apple and call it good.

Sharon Discipline: OR you could eat ONE as a treat and then have a piece of fruit or some yogurt.

Snady Chocoholic: ONE? You've GOT to be kidding! This is your fault, you know. I just bought 2 more boxes of chocolate and 1 of spice and 3 cans of pumpkin.

Sharon Discipline: I take it you haven't tried this with the mini chocolate chips yet? You probably shouldn't. This would be like starting an addict off on the very first hit or something. Add another point per muffin.

Snady Chocoholic: Ummm...no, not the minis. I grabbed the full dose--the big ones--on accident, of course. I'm in big trouble, right?

Sharon Discipline: Back away from the full-size chips, Snady! Back away, ma'am.

Snady Chocoholic: My son's girlfriend confiscated all the cake mixes and cans of pumpkin. I know where to find more. Will you visit me in rehab? Bring muffins!

CHOCOLATE PUMPKIN MUFFINS
1 box chocolate cake mix (dark chocolate with pudding!)
1 16-ounce can pumpkin
Scant cup water
1/2 small bag mini chocolate chips (if desired - HA!)

Mix and pour into lightly-sprayed muffin tins. Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes or until toothpick is clean. (Unless you've used too many chocolate chips - then guess.) Cool on rack. Extra yummy while warm.

VARIATION
Use spice cake mix and golden raisins.

APPROXIMATE POINTS
ONE without chocolate chips or raisins: 3
ONE with chocolate chips or raisins: 2

Recipe developed by Sharon Cline, Service Team Manager, Webmedx, and shared with permission.

Well tested in the kitchen of Snady the Chocolate Lady.

So now I'm off to look up verses on gluttony...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails