Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I Learned To Say It With CLASS

I was reminded again today of one of my Precept students from Tampa. It was 1983. She saw potential in me and signed me up for a basic CLASS seminar--and paid for it. I can't even remember her name. What an awesome time that was. What an awesome blessing. That was also when I first met Patsy Clairmont and heard her speak and share her story about suffering with agoraphobia.

I've been thumbing through my old notebook and just dug out my "graduation" pin--"Say It With Class." Thank goodness they survived my recent decluttering and treasure-tossing frenzy.


http://classeminars.org/

I've taught some, written a little, and spoken at retreats, but I think the time has come for me to REALLY use all that I learned in that seminar. Maybe I should consider going to basic again or one of the advanced trainings. I'm not sure I was as effective in ministry then as I can be now. I hadn't been through enough fires. I hadn't hurt enough. I couldn't really relate to pain.

I've had some doors open up in the last month. I need to be still to sense which one (ones) I'm supposed to walk through. I just want to be "a pencil in God's hand" (Mother Teresa) and fulfill the purpose He has for me. I want His plans and my desires to be the one and the same.

By the way, thank you to that sweet sister from my past. I will never forget your encouragement and your faith in my ability to be a witness. And thank you Patsy and Florence Littauer!

"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand." Proverbs 19:21 (Amplified Bible)

Do your plans fit in with God's special purpose for a special you?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails