Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Cast Your Cares

I'm home in Gaylord this week--the Alpine Village, situated on the 45th parallel, midway between the equator and the North Pole. This is also Alpenfest week, the 45th celebration--the 45th on the 45th. The queen's pageant always brings back memories since I am a past queen--the 3rd in 1967. I found this picture of myself and Lynda, 1968 queen. That's me, third from the left.






My mom likes to joke that I am the "queen who became a king." I prefer to think of myself as a daughter of the King. Or a queen betrothed to the King who will come for me on the day of the Grand Parade.
The burning of the Boogg is a yearly tradition on the first night of the festival. Residents and visitors write down their problems and troubles on slips of paper and place them inside the Boogg. The Boogg is then ignited, and the worries go up in smoke so everyone can enjoy carefree fun and festivities.


It's a fun tradition. But there is only One big enough to handle all our cares and worries. He said, "Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?" (Matthew 6:27) If we let Him have it all, shoulder it all, hold it all, we can have the peace that passes all understanding every day no matter what is going on in our lives.
"Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you." I Peter 5:7
What worries and fears will you give Him today?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails