Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Framed Memories - Part 3: The End

The storm struck. The barn collapsed.

In one sense, relief reigned.

Nobody hurt.

No more worries about who or what hid in the shadows.

No more energy burned in worry about the future. Like what to do with an old barn that faced inevitable demise in some form since restoration was not a viable option.

Nothing left to do but capture frames of memory.

Nothing left to do but to make a memory as we celebrated memories.

The wake lasted three days.

Captured here in a handful from dozens of frames.


















The barn is dust.

The landscape forever changed.

And we treasure the memories.

As we look toward the future.

Letting go.

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."
Matthew 6:19-21 (NIV)

Where is your treasure? What do you cling to?

Note: This post is in response to Claire Burge's PhotoPlay prompt "Frame It" at The High Calling Blogs.

Copyright © 2010 by Sandra Heska King

6 comments:

Duane Scott said...

My treasure? I'll have to think on that one a while. It's so sad you lost a barn... but you wrote a really nice blog post with it.

Right now, I'm looking to the future.

katdish said...

"Nothing left to do but make a memory as we celebrated memories."

Love that!

Jeff Jordan said...

love that verse...fits so perfect. Takes such a good heart to have that kind of attitude...your kind of attitude.

Sandra Heska King said...

@Duane: Don't waste your sorrows. :) That's a book, BTW, by Paul Billheimer.

@Kathy: Thanks.

@Jeff: An attitude I need to cultivate.

caryjo said...

My husband said once that he loves me too much. When I thought he was kidding, he pointed out that he is sometimes so concerned that I be happy and comfortable and blessed, that he forgets to release me to the Lord and TRUST the Lord when life is challenging me and I ain't one happy lady. MY treasures? Kids and G-kids and the same aspect of Dave's: needing to allow the Lord to work in their lives in ways that sometimes throw me into fear b/c I see the likely consequences of their choices, but know that I can't control/run their lives or I could easily interfere with what HE must allow to break into their lives. Whew!

[My "English" ain't so good on this one, but you'll get the point.]

Sandra Heska King said...

@caryjo: I hear you loud and clear. Releasing is so hard. But also such a relief!

Related Posts with Thumbnails