Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Filling My Bag

My mother wrote today that they ran out of Halloween treats after 15 minutes. That it reminded her of the year Grandma laid rubber to the store. She had us kids empty our bags so they could continue treating until Grandma squealed into the driveway with a new supply.

I don't remember that!

You'd think I'd remember that.

That Mom stole my hard-earned stash before I even had a sniff.

I'm so glad God doesn't swipe my stuff. In fact, I have the most amazing bag of goodies, miraculously refilled whether I sneak a taste or gorge myself. Always something new and delicious.

I'm learning more about this as I lead a small group on Sweeter Than Chocolate, an inductive study of Psalm 119. 

God's Word brims with a cornucopia of colors. It tumbles fragrances and flavors. And it's all healthy!

Bittersweet bites.
Tantalizing tidbits.
Crispy crunches.
Luscious lollipops.
Scrumptious smoothies.
Sometimes sour suckers.
Divine, delectable delights.

Taste and see. Chew and behold.

And then give it away. Share it. Fresh. Not stale.

And dive in again. The bag is never empty!

Are you eating daily? Are you sharing?

"How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth!" Psalm 119:103 (NIV)
Oh - just read the whole Psalm!

Copyright © 2009 by Sandra Heska King

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whew girl! Yes I have a sweet tooth! I don't wanna share sometimes! I just want to keep it all to myself! tee-hee

Sandra Heska King said...

I know that feeling. And then there is the pick and choose method. :)

~~Melinda Y.~~ said...

Reading this reminds me of 3 kinds of candy & 3 books of the Bible:

Psalms-"Bit O'Honey"...Sweet talk w/God.

Proverbs-"Air Heads"...teaching us how to get along w/people.

Ecclesiastes-"Now or Later"...Seek God as early in life as posssible.

Thanks for sharing:)

Sandra Heska King said...

LOL! Love it. Wonder if we could match a candy name to each book.

Anonymous said...

"Now or Later" LOL That's awesome! I'm gonna try to remember these Melinda!

Sissy said...

I remember that Hallowween well! I think you were actually already gone to college -- probably trick or treating for other things. ;) I have to dump my bag and go back out for more. I don't think that was the same year that she ran out and started rummaging through the house for pennies -- only to have one of the kids yell down the street, "Hey! They're giving out money over here!" Those were the days when we would get over 1,000 trick or treaters on our street. These days it's a mere 400-500!

Sandra Heska King said...

HYSTERICAL!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails